One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘military veterans suffering from PTSD’short for post-traumatic stress disorder
- ‘I think she has suffered from PTSD.’
- ‘The symptoms he described were characteristic of PTSD according to both ICD - 10 and DSM-IV psychiatric classification symptoms.’
- ‘Of the children who both witnessed violence and lost contact with a caregiver, 100 percent suffered from some form of PTSD.’
- ‘Her symptoms as described suggested a diagnosis of chronic PTSD.’
- ‘We know that PTSD is something which needs careful diagnosis and detailed consideration of individual cases.’
- ‘PTSD manifests itself as flashbacks of the original trauma, sleep disturbances, nightmares, hyper-vigilance and many more traits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.