One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting drugs that affect a person's mental state.‘a psychotropic drug’‘myristicin has psychotropic properties’
- ‘The use of psychotropic drugs complicates the ongoing assessment of mental status, can impair the patient's ability to understand or cooperate with treatment, and is associated with a greater incidence of falls.’
- ‘The benzodiazepines are psychotropic which means turning to the mind and so they have mind-altering effects.’
- ‘It now constitutes a criminal offense to supply a person with narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances, or to incite other persons to use such drugs or substances, even when no material or personal benefit is intended.’
- ‘Tran is supposed to be on psychotropic drugs to control her mental illness.’
- ‘The immediate impact of psychotropic drugs on one's mental condition, for better or for worse, provides experimental proof for the relative materiality of our minds.’
A psychotropic drug.
- ‘I favor legalization, and not just of pot but of all drugs, including heroin, cocaine, meth, psychotropics, mushrooms and LSD.’
- ‘Every single psychotropic on the previous list has been tested with a taper since I inherited this patient several years ago.’
- ‘In addition to marijuana, cocaine, and crack cocaine, the illicit drugs reported in the survey included hallucinogens, heroin, inhalants, and psychotropics.’
- ‘I am vaguely intrigued by the consequences of designer psychotropics, brain steroids that are supposed to arrest, or even reverse, the ageing of mental functions.’
- ‘About one in five of the prisoners have been put on antidepressants, psychotropics, and other drugs.’
- ‘While TCAs were the most prescribed psychotropic in 1988, by 1994, SSRI prescriptions nearly reached their numbers.’
- ‘Back in Japan, Nakamura first heard of words like cocaine and psychotropics on television, and later she was impressed with a campaign against drug abuse that was started in her school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.