Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1[mass noun] The study of the relationship between physiological and psychological phenomena.
- ‘Cindy P. Polak, a fourth-year doctoral student in the human development department at the University of Maryland who researches temperament, emotion regulation and developmental psychophysiology.’
- ‘In this important text, Kenneth Hugdahl presents a comprehensive introduction to the history, methods, and applications of psychophysiology and explores other areas concerned with the "mind-body interface," such as psychosomatic medicine, behavioral medicine, clinical psychology, psychiatry, neuropsychology, and cognitive neuroscience.’
- ‘It should be noted that the use of an EGG cream is not common standard in psychophysiology since it does not minimize the interaction between skin and electrolytes and can result in considerable changes in skin conductance.’
- ‘Lykken, professor of psychology, University of Minnesota, is being honored for his research in psychopathology, assessment and personality, statistical methodology and psychophysiology.’
- ‘A basic assumption in psychophysiology is that behavioral, cognitive, emotional, and social events all are mirrored in physiological processes.’
- 1.1The way in which the mind and body interact.‘the psychophysiology associated with relaxed wakefulness’
- ‘Pole's research interests include psychodynamic therapy process, minority mental health, basic emotion, depression and most recently the psychophysiology of post-traumatic stress disorder.’
- ‘Well actually what we did is, we described the experiment as one where we were investigating the psychophysiology of an emotional memory and asked the questions just as I told you is how we posed it to them.’
- ‘We begin with a description of what is known about women's sexual disorders and the psychophysiology of women's sexual response.’
- ‘Most recently, Lo has made significant contributions in the psychophysiology of risk perception.’
- ‘Neurofinancial theory holds that our inability to behave rationally is rooted in our psychophysiology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.