Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The study of the relationship between physiological and psychological phenomena.
- ‘A basic assumption in psychophysiology is that behavioral, cognitive, emotional, and social events all are mirrored in physiological processes.’
- ‘Cindy P. Polak, a fourth-year doctoral student in the human development department at the University of Maryland who researches temperament, emotion regulation and developmental psychophysiology.’
- ‘It should be noted that the use of an EGG cream is not common standard in psychophysiology since it does not minimize the interaction between skin and electrolytes and can result in considerable changes in skin conductance.’
- ‘Lykken, professor of psychology, University of Minnesota, is being honored for his research in psychopathology, assessment and personality, statistical methodology and psychophysiology.’
- ‘In this important text, Kenneth Hugdahl presents a comprehensive introduction to the history, methods, and applications of psychophysiology and explores other areas concerned with the "mind-body interface," such as psychosomatic medicine, behavioral medicine, clinical psychology, psychiatry, neuropsychology, and cognitive neuroscience.’
- 1.1 The way in which the mind and body interact.‘the psychophysiology associated with relaxed wakefulness’
- ‘Well actually what we did is, we described the experiment as one where we were investigating the psychophysiology of an emotional memory and asked the questions just as I told you is how we posed it to them.’
- ‘Most recently, Lo has made significant contributions in the psychophysiology of risk perception.’
- ‘Pole's research interests include psychodynamic therapy process, minority mental health, basic emotion, depression and most recently the psychophysiology of post-traumatic stress disorder.’
- ‘We begin with a description of what is known about women's sexual disorders and the psychophysiology of women's sexual response.’
- ‘Neurofinancial theory holds that our inability to behave rationally is rooted in our psychophysiology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.