One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mental illness or disorder.
insanity, insaneness, dementia, mental illness, derangement, dementedness, instability, unsoundness of mind, lunacy, distraction, depression, mania, hysteria, frenzy, psychosis, schizophrenia, hydrophobiaView synonyms
- ‘By contrast, in someone with anti-social personality disorder, psychopathy, the disorder is the person, the whole person.’
- ‘The amygdala is certainly involved in the forms of fear and empathic processing that are impaired in individuals with psychopathy.’
- ‘And in many respects, psychopathy is the flipside of anxiety disorder, and so potentially we're imagining that there may be treatments that will allow us to boost that amygdala response, and so help these individuals out.’
- ‘The results of the current study also strengthen claims that psychopathy is a neurocognitive disorder that is apparent across the lifespan.’
- ‘This model specifically predicts that individuals with psychopathy will be more likely than nonpsychopathic individuals to persist in a previously rewarded response, even if the rate of punishment for this response increases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.