Mental illness or disorder.
insanity, insaneness, dementia, mental illness, derangement, dementedness, instability, unsoundness of mind, lunacy, distraction, depression, mania, hysteria, frenzy, psychosis, schizophrenia, hydrophobiaView synonyms
- ‘And in many respects, psychopathy is the flipside of anxiety disorder, and so potentially we're imagining that there may be treatments that will allow us to boost that amygdala response, and so help these individuals out.’
- ‘By contrast, in someone with anti-social personality disorder, psychopathy, the disorder is the person, the whole person.’
- ‘This model specifically predicts that individuals with psychopathy will be more likely than nonpsychopathic individuals to persist in a previously rewarded response, even if the rate of punishment for this response increases.’
- ‘The amygdala is certainly involved in the forms of fear and empathic processing that are impaired in individuals with psychopathy.’
- ‘The results of the current study also strengthen claims that psychopathy is a neurocognitive disorder that is apparent across the lifespan.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.