One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the effect of the mind on health and resistance to disease.
- ‘Studies in psychoneuroimmunology have demonstrated that psychological factors can adversely affect immune function.’
- ‘The centre offers nutritional therapy, psychoneuroimmunology (mind/body medicine), healing, massage, creative therapy, relaxation, visualisation and meditation.’
- ‘Early activated genes are of special interest because they mediate some of relationships between mind and body in psychoneuroimmunology.’
- ‘The fields of psycho-oncology and psychoneuroimmunology have established that cancer is a disease influenced by biological, psychological, and environmental factors.’
- ‘While a majority of studies in the field of psychoneuroimmunology have focussed on the immunosuppressive effects of stress, several studies have also revealed that under certain conditions, stress can be immunoenhancing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.