Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study of the effect of the mind on health and resistance to disease.
- ‘Early activated genes are of special interest because they mediate some of relationships between mind and body in psychoneuroimmunology.’
- ‘Studies in psychoneuroimmunology have demonstrated that psychological factors can adversely affect immune function.’
- ‘The fields of psycho-oncology and psychoneuroimmunology have established that cancer is a disease influenced by biological, psychological, and environmental factors.’
- ‘While a majority of studies in the field of psychoneuroimmunology have focussed on the immunosuppressive effects of stress, several studies have also revealed that under certain conditions, stress can be immunoenhancing.’
- ‘The centre offers nutritional therapy, psychoneuroimmunology (mind/body medicine), healing, massage, creative therapy, relaxation, visualisation and meditation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.