Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the origination of movement in conscious mental activity.‘her birth and psychomotor development up to five years of age were normal’
- ‘Boys were more likely than girls to experience problems with both mental and psychomotor development, but the risk of disability was no greater for babies born at 22 weeks than at 25.’
- ‘The three domains of learning (ie, cognitive, psychomotor, affective) were to be addressed during this educational opportunity.’
- ‘The studies looked at changes in intelligence, psychomotor speed, executive functions, visuospatial ability, kinesthetic function and electrophysiological measures.’
- ‘Disabilities in mental and psychomotor development, neuromotor function, or sensory and communication function are present in about one half of extremely preterm fetuses.’
- ‘Delirium is a disturbance of consciousness and cognition with a sudden onset that may be accompanied by increased psychomotor activity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.