One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The supposed ability to discover facts about an event or person by touching inanimate objects associated with them.
- ‘During the sessions we use dancing and psychometry, where beginners hold an object and try to feel what its last owners were feeling.’
- ‘Sympathetic magic is the basis for psychometry, the claim of psychic detectives that touching an item belonging to a victim gives magical contact with the victim.’
- ‘His society uses psychometry, remote viewing, and scrying as part of their research methodology.’
- ‘Ms Vine and Ms Kitson use trances and visions, clairvoyance, dowsing and psychometry trying to pick up stories in the mind from objects to uncover any paranormal activity.’
- ‘Doing lots of Spirit communication tends to make you a lot more aware of ‘atmospheres’, sometimes bordering on psychometry where you can almost pick up impressions from objects and places.’
2another term for psychometrics
- ‘Ulteem required significant analysis efforts, and research development and we have called on the best specialists in psychology and psychometry to design this unique and completely innovative product.’
- ‘Clinical psychometry included the Benton visual retention test, Wechsler memory scale, and standard progressive matrices (SPMs).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.