One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tendency to interpret events or arguments in subjective terms, or to exaggerate the relevance of psychological factors.‘philosophical semantics was crippled by psychologism’
- ‘Frege was also a harsh critic of psychologism in logic: the view that logical truths are truths about psychology.’
- ‘Richards's psychologism had ‘paved the way for the study of poems as independent structures’ or ‘consideration of the poem as a separate world.’’
- ‘This disappearance of objective knowledge in Western philosophy has continued in other idealist and subjective guises-positivism, materialism, psychologism and historicism.’
- ‘Secondly, Glock defends Strawson's dismissal of transcendental idealism and transcendental psychologism.’
- ‘For the critics of psychologism, validity had nothing to do with genesis, truth content was independent of individual judgments, and justification did not rely on mere rhetorical persuasion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.