One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tendency to interpret events or arguments in subjective terms, or to exaggerate the relevance of psychological factors.‘philosophical semantics was crippled by psychologism’
- ‘This disappearance of objective knowledge in Western philosophy has continued in other idealist and subjective guises-positivism, materialism, psychologism and historicism.’
- ‘Richards's psychologism had ‘paved the way for the study of poems as independent structures’ or ‘consideration of the poem as a separate world.’’
- ‘Frege was also a harsh critic of psychologism in logic: the view that logical truths are truths about psychology.’
- ‘For the critics of psychologism, validity had nothing to do with genesis, truth content was independent of individual judgments, and justification did not rely on mere rhetorical persuasion.’
- ‘Secondly, Glock defends Strawson's dismissal of transcendental idealism and transcendental psychologism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.