One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The moment at which something will or would have the greatest psychological effect.‘there was a psychological moment when they might have accepted the report’
- ‘This means that if what you're studying is culture, the part played by the psychological moments, or episodes, in the transmission of culture should be seen as crucial.’
- ‘Many people of our generation will never let go of the assassination as a psychological moment, however much or little it may have meant historically.’
- ‘I might concede that there was a psychological moment in which people made the transition, and I will get to this a little more later.’
- ‘John, like all the great mystics of the Catholic tradition, is acutely aware of the danger of self-delusion or the simple error of mistaking a purely psychological moment for deep prayer.’
- ‘The historical truth about the event is no longer of psychological moment for the large group; what is important is the sense of being linked together by the shared chosen trauma, which usually becomes highly mythologized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.