One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mental block
- ‘Experts blame innumeracy on bad teachers, psychological blocks, and what mathematician Paulos calls ‘romantic misconceptions about the nature of mathematics.’’
- ‘They offer specific guidelines to moving past the psychological blocks that prevent many from succeeding.’
- ‘They tried to make me dance when I was seven and I have a terrific psychological block against dancing, and I hate dancing.’
- ‘The trouble is, these kinds of psychological blocks aren't rational - you can't simply ‘pull yourself together‘.’
- ‘It is in my judgment equally likely that he has some mental or psychological block that simply prevents him from considering any other point of view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.