Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for mental block
- ‘The trouble is, these kinds of psychological blocks aren't rational - you can't simply ‘pull yourself together‘.’
- ‘They offer specific guidelines to moving past the psychological blocks that prevent many from succeeding.’
- ‘They tried to make me dance when I was seven and I have a terrific psychological block against dancing, and I hate dancing.’
- ‘It is in my judgment equally likely that he has some mental or psychological block that simply prevents him from considering any other point of view.’
- ‘Experts blame innumeracy on bad teachers, psychological blocks, and what mathematician Paulos calls ‘romantic misconceptions about the nature of mathematics.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.