One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mental block
- ‘The trouble is, these kinds of psychological blocks aren't rational - you can't simply ‘pull yourself together‘.’
- ‘It is in my judgment equally likely that he has some mental or psychological block that simply prevents him from considering any other point of view.’
- ‘Experts blame innumeracy on bad teachers, psychological blocks, and what mathematician Paulos calls ‘romantic misconceptions about the nature of mathematics.’’
- ‘They offer specific guidelines to moving past the psychological blocks that prevent many from succeeding.’
- ‘They tried to make me dance when I was seven and I have a terrific psychological block against dancing, and I hate dancing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.