One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The study of the relationships between linguistic behaviour and psychological processes, including the process of language acquisition.
- ‘Miller, an APA president in 1969, has been an innovator in the study of language and cognition, helping to establish psycholinguistics as an independent field of research in psychology.’
- ‘His research interests include developmental psycholinguistics, psychology of language, and developmental psychology.’
- ‘There are few, too few, working linguists who have a good command of the various subdisciplines of the field, such as psycholinguistics, historical linguistics, theory of grammar, etc.’
- ‘The question of why verbs and pronouns tend to vary in the extent to which they agree with collective nouns is a topic of some interest in psycholinguistics.’
- ‘The framework of Baddeley's research has played a central role in the development of theories in cognitive psychology, psycholinguistics, cognitive neuroscience and cognitive aging.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.