Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular The study and classification of people according to their attitudes, aspirations, and other psychological criteria, especially in market research.
- ‘Available market research data, including psychographics, may reveal characteristics of parents in certain locations that relate to key characteristics about their children's physical activity patterns.’
- ‘The profile data can include a combination of factors, including demographics, psychographics, vehicle uses, attitudes toward technology, etc.’
- ‘Another selling point is that local cable has more psychographics, and understanding psychographics is critical when putting together a package.’
- ‘Too many marketers choose to ignore psychographics and demographics such as income and education levels - the key guides to spending against mainstream audiences - in their valuation of black consumers.’
- ‘While today's technology enables us to embed attitudes or psychographics into databases and use them for media selection, many marketers remain mired in simplistic views of the mature market.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.