Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of science that deals with the biological basis of behaviour and mental phenomena.
- ‘At the present time we can only speculate about the implications of such ‘experience-dependent shaping of neuronal circuits’ for facilitating the deep psychobiology of therapeutic hypnosis.’
- ‘This leads me to speculate that behavioral state-related gene expression may be of essence in exploring the deep psychobiology of consciousness in therapeutic hypnosis.’
- ‘This book is about Rossi's recovery from the stroke, it is woven within the context of what the author calls the deep psychobiology of psychotherapy, a topic to which Rossi has been dedicated for the past two decades.’
- ‘At Santa Clara, Slaton is majoring in psychobiology, the study of mental functioning and behavior in relation to other biological processes.’
- ‘Rea's research examines the psychobiology and neuropsychology of post-traumatic stress disorder and the effects of stressful early-life experiences on brain development and function.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.