One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving psychoanalysis.‘Freudian psychoanalytic theory’‘psychoanalytic approaches to trauma’
- ‘According to the psychoanalytic model of the self, there are thoughts we keep to ourselves, thoughts we keep from ourselves and thoughts we don't even know we have.’
- ‘A psychoanalytic reading suggests that horror movies play on our individual nightmares, and specifically our fear of death and dissolution.’
- ‘The phenomenon of "transference" is one of the cornerstones of psychoanalytic theory.’
- ‘The present study examined the psychoanalytic perspective regarding mate selection.’
- ‘Psychoanalytic theorists postulate that play is a means through which children act out unpleasant experiences and minimize resulting negative psychological impact.’
- ‘This time Maria tried psychoanalytic therapy.’
- ‘The psychoanalytic concept of displacement has also been forwarded as a plausible explanation.’
- ‘Two decades of psychoanalytic film theory have shown us how to read these films as the working out of a particularly ambiguous oedipal fantasy, centred on the woman.’
- ‘In psychoanalytic terms, this is the process whereby the subject's phenomenology may be transferred to the researcher.’
- ‘Most personality disorder treatments today include all the myths of childhood inherited from psychoanalytic models of development.’
- ‘The psychoanalytic term for this is countertransference.’
- ‘The researchers have shown the value of a psychoanalytic approach based in day hospitals for patients with severe personality disorder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.