One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving psychoanalysis.‘Freudian psychoanalytic theory’‘psychoanalytic approaches to trauma’
- ‘According to the psychoanalytic model of the self, there are thoughts we keep to ourselves, thoughts we keep from ourselves and thoughts we don't even know we have.’
- ‘Psychoanalytic theorists postulate that play is a means through which children act out unpleasant experiences and minimize resulting negative psychological impact.’
- ‘A psychoanalytic reading suggests that horror movies play on our individual nightmares, and specifically our fear of death and dissolution.’
- ‘The present study examined the psychoanalytic perspective regarding mate selection.’
- ‘The researchers have shown the value of a psychoanalytic approach based in day hospitals for patients with severe personality disorder.’
- ‘The phenomenon of "transference" is one of the cornerstones of psychoanalytic theory.’
- ‘This time Maria tried psychoanalytic therapy.’
- ‘The psychoanalytic concept of displacement has also been forwarded as a plausible explanation.’
- ‘Two decades of psychoanalytic film theory have shown us how to read these films as the working out of a particularly ambiguous oedipal fantasy, centred on the woman.’
- ‘The psychoanalytic term for this is countertransference.’
- ‘Most personality disorder treatments today include all the myths of childhood inherited from psychoanalytic models of development.’
- ‘In psychoanalytic terms, this is the process whereby the subject's phenomenology may be transferred to the researcher.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.