One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Layer 3 uses perceptual audio coding and psychoacoustic compression to remove all superfluous information (more specifically, the redundant and irrelevant parts of a sound signal).’
- ‘Cheaper speaker systems have used psychoacoustic methods to fool the ear into thinking sounds are being produced from virtual locations surrounding the listener.’
- ‘He has put together a detailed model of about 15 regions that deal with auditory processing, and has applied psychoacoustic tests of the model, comparing it to human auditory perception.’
- ‘We can apply for example psychoacoustic tests to Watts' simulation of these 15 regions, get very similar results as we get applying psychoacoustic tests to human auditory perception.’
- ‘Moreover, in addition to the well-known superiority of the right ear for language tasks, there is evidence of ear differences for simple psychoacoustic tasks such as frequency discrimination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.