One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An institution where patients with psychiatric disorders live while receiving treatment.‘he spent most of his adult life in a psychiatric hospital’
- ‘He was committed to a psychiatric hospital in 2004 after pleading not criminally responsible to lesser charges.’
- ‘As the pits closed, his father joined his mother working at the psychiatric hospital opposite their home.’
- ‘He was later found innocent on grounds of mental impairment and ordered held in a secure psychiatric hospital.’
- ‘He spent time in a psychiatric hospital as a teen.’
- ‘Labelled a schizophrenic, she spent eight years in and out of psychiatric hospitals where she received 200 electroshock treatments.’
- ‘Los Angeles police arrested the man on May 16, and he was placed in a psychiatric hospital, where he remains.’
- ‘The reports were compiled during a month of tests at a state psychiatric hospital.’
- ‘After his release from Pueblo, he was admitted numerous times to other psychiatric hospitals across the West.’
- ‘I've worked on the back wards of state psychiatric hospitals for 17 years as a Social Worker.’
- ‘The District Judge granted bail on two conditions: that Richards reside at a psychiatric hospital and not leave unless accompanied by a member of the staff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.