One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Music, culture, or art based on the experiences produced by psychedelic drugs.‘the songs were fine, replete with the cheerful dissonance of psychedelia’‘San Francisco, the birthplace of psychedelia’
- ‘But the album, as a whole, feels very retro, flitting between the 60s psychedelia of The Beach Boys and The Beatles and the more modern likes of Bowie and George Harrison.’
- ‘Oasis also stakes out very different sonic terrain, nodding to electronic pop, dub reggae, and sixties psychedelia.’
- ‘Modlang's Slaughtered By The Sun is a quality piece of psychedelia based around a beat that's part krautrock and part soul.’
- ‘Here he splices together strands of blues and straight down-the-line rock with some folk, psychedelia, trip-hop and world music influences.’
- ‘The wider musical climate was defined by the gaudiness of psychedelia, but the music they put to tape tapped somehow into an America that predated rock by at least a century.’
1960s: back-formation from psychedelic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.