One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tactics intended to manipulate one's opponents or enemies, such as the dissemination of propaganda or the use of psychological warfare.
- ‘CNN appears to have been the victim of a second-hand psy-ops campaign, insofar as it is referring to the guerrillas as ‘anti-Iraqi forces.’’
- ‘By refining psy-ops and bringing to it the intimacy of contact and diplomacy through e-mail and cell phones, the military has figured out how to induce surrender by a combination of threats, persuasion and temptation.’
- ‘The polite diplomatic language hides the implications that there would be a global black psy-ops campaign in favor of the war, conducted from London.’
- ‘An American psy-ops (psychological operations) team outside the city blasted back with deafening AC / DC heavy metal tracks played from lorry-mounted speakers.’
- ‘It seems like an ideal psy-ops weapon to ward people away from a sensitive, yet secluded area…’
1960s: contraction of psychological operations.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.