Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A skin disease marked by red, itchy, scaly patches.
- ‘Psoralens sensitise the skin to ultraviolet light and are used in light therapy for vitiligo and psoriasis.’
- ‘Fungal rashes can sometimes be confused with other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.’
- ‘You might scratch the skin because it is itchy due to eczema or psoriasis inside the ear.’
- ‘Oral methotrexate tablets are commonly used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and severe psoriasis.’
- ‘Topical corticosteroid creams and ointments are applied to the skin to reduce inflammation in conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.’
Late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek psōriasis, from psōrian have an itch, from psōra itch.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.