One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the practical use of psychic powers or paranormal phenomena.‘psionic communication’
- ‘Psionic Telekinesis is simply the use of psionic power to move or manipulate physical matter.’
- ‘About the only things that the two games have in common are a protagonist with psionic powers and the ability to throw random enemies off of very tall buildings.’
- ‘Ravena summoned her psionic powers and a fuchsia aura enveloped her snowy white skin.’
- ‘The other option was science fiction with players having psionic powers, but we really felt more comfortable with the heroic fantasy theme.’
- ‘Hovering just outside the suspended gate, most likely defying the very nature of gravity with his psionic power, Timothy did not appear too happy.’
1950s: from psi, on the pattern of electronic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.