One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a number, a sequence of numbers, or any digital data) satisfying one or more statistical tests for randomness but produced by a definite mathematical procedure.‘most computers have built-in functions which will generate sequences of pseudorandom numbers’‘pseudorandom noise’
- ‘The fitness of this ‘zygote’ is evaluated and pseudorandom numbers are used to determine whether to pass one of its ‘gametes’ to the next generation.’
- ‘Such sequences of pseudorandom numbers play crucial roles not only in computer games but also in simulations of physical processes.’
- ‘Cryptanalysts have analyzed many systems by breaking the pseudorandom number generators used to supply cryptographic keys.’
- ‘In the clairvoyance condition, the computer had already selected the target using a pseudorandom number generator and had stored the choice directly onto disk by the time that participants made their guess.’
- ‘Each bird was tested under the various lights in a pseudorandom sequence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.