Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An infectious herpesvirus disease of the central nervous system in domestic animals that causes convulsions and intense itching and is usually fatal.
- ‘One livestock disease detected in several Nebraska swineherds is pseudorabies.’
- ‘In December 1999, their herd tested positive for pseudorabies.’
- ‘The pigs carry pseudorabies - a virus that can be deadly to other animals - so they could not be brought to the mainland.’
- ‘He says feral pigs can harbor more than 30 diseases - including the pseudorabies virus and brucellosis bacteria - that could negatively impact the livestock industry.’
- ‘Porcine pseudorabies virus has been detected in Swedish diabetes patients treated with porcine cells in 1997.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.