One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pseudopodium
- ‘Within minutes, membranous organelles fuse with the spermatid plasma membrane, a polar pseudopod extends, and the major sperm protein polymerizes and organizes into a pseudopodial cytoskeleton.’
- ‘Actin and other contractile proteins within the pseudopods of platelets produce platelet retraction that prevents further blood loss and facilitates healing.’
- ‘The formation of pseudopods and lamellae after ligation of chemoattractant sensitive G-protein coupled receptors is essential for chemotaxis.’
- ‘In our studies, fibroblast contractile machinery was observed to function entirely within pseudopods, while GFP-alpha-actinin concentrated in pseudopod tips and cortex.’
- ‘The protoplasm is extruded as pseudopods via the aperture and through any perforations that may be present in the test.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.