One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘"Lauren, where are you going?" My mom asked pryingly, just as I was about to leave the door.’
- ‘As she squatted on the floor, she looked round the house with an inquisitive gaze; she peered pryingly from corner to comer.’
- ‘Or, these inseparable couples could be holding on for dear life, dangling just slightly above eye level so we look up at them pryingly, like equally helpless children.’
- ‘Erica looked pryingly and Thomas began to tell her about most of the days events.’
- ‘‘I believe you get the honor of renaming it then,’ Terelf said pryingly, ‘what will you name her?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.