One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, flattish iron bar used in the same way as a crowbar.
- ‘A screwdriver is designed for turning screws, but it can also function as a small pry bar at times.’
- ‘Starting at one of the sides, insert a pry bar and slightly lift the surrounding floor.’
- ‘Using a hammer and chisel and a pry bar, remove the damaged board, again taking care not to mar any adjacent boards.’
- ‘A smoker is essential to calm bees while you work around them, and you'll also need a hive tool - essentially a pry bar - to separate boxes that bees glue together.’
- ‘Use a pry bar, hammer, and a wedge to remove the shoe molding, being sure not to mar the baseboard as you go.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.