One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When pruning small branches with hand pruners, make sure the tools are sharp enough to cut the branches cleanly without tearing.’
- ‘Whenever you decide to prune, simply cut down each clump to 3 to 6 inches above ground, using sharp scissors or pruners.’
- ‘If you just want to thin the growth, you can remove branches using your pruners or loppers by cutting the branch back to a fork.’
- ‘For branches too large to be cut with a hand pruner or lopping shears, pruning saws must be used.’
- ‘On shrubs with many crowded shoots, use loppers or hand pruners to cut about a third of the oldest shoots back to the ground at the right time of year for pruning a particular shrub.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.