One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On shrubs with many crowded shoots, use loppers or hand pruners to cut about a third of the oldest shoots back to the ground at the right time of year for pruning a particular shrub.’
- ‘For branches too large to be cut with a hand pruner or lopping shears, pruning saws must be used.’
- ‘Whenever you decide to prune, simply cut down each clump to 3 to 6 inches above ground, using sharp scissors or pruners.’
- ‘If you just want to thin the growth, you can remove branches using your pruners or loppers by cutting the branch back to a fork.’
- ‘When pruning small branches with hand pruners, make sure the tools are sharp enough to cut the branches cleanly without tearing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.