One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The question for Lovelace, in Clarissa, is whether female virtue is more than prudishness: ‘whether her frost be frost indeed’.’
- ‘The virginal Mina (Cindy Marie Small) is no shrinking violent and is understandably exasperated by the Victorian prudishness of fiancé Jonathan Harker.’
- ‘This prudishness is no doubt a result of my mother's insistence on trotting me out of the house with my vest tucked into my pants on a daily basis until I was about 12 years old.’
- ‘The prudishness was still present in some of the Victorian bathing costumes, but the mood was light-hearted in the mineral pools and blasting wall.’
- ‘Kits were designed to cover every inch of visible flesh but they survived long after such heavily mannered prudishness had deceased.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.