One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The virginal Mina (Cindy Marie Small) is no shrinking violent and is understandably exasperated by the Victorian prudishness of fiancé Jonathan Harker.’
- ‘Kits were designed to cover every inch of visible flesh but they survived long after such heavily mannered prudishness had deceased.’
- ‘This prudishness is no doubt a result of my mother's insistence on trotting me out of the house with my vest tucked into my pants on a daily basis until I was about 12 years old.’
- ‘The question for Lovelace, in Clarissa, is whether female virtue is more than prudishness: ‘whether her frost be frost indeed’.’
- ‘The prudishness was still present in some of the Victorian bathing costumes, but the mood was light-hearted in the mineral pools and blasting wall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.