One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Victorian prudery did the rest, followed in quick succession by an unhealthy determination to class sexual congress as obscene and therefore not to be discussed, far less celebrated.’
- ‘It is also where the prudery of a later time has obviously crept in; the sculptures all seem lack-lustre and no sexual connotations are to be found here.’
- ‘Like many modern Irish writers, Beckett resented the pettiness, prejudice and prudery of his country of birth.’
- ‘I grew up in those supposedly halcyon days before World War II, and what I mainly remember was the repressive prudery in all matters sexual.’
- ‘Isn't it just the continued impact of the liberal revolution of the 1960s which liberated us from the vestiges of Victorian prudery?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.