One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vote cast by one person as a representative of another.‘the firm may call off the shareholder meeting if the proxy votes indicate that it has not received enough support’
- ‘I think what we have to do is give a proxy vote to every parent for every child under 18.’
- ‘All postal and proxy vote applications should include these details, and electoral registration officers should be able to check them against details on the roll.’
- ‘It is not known how many proxy votes the board has in favour of the Musgrave bid.’
- ‘Be prepared to replace them and secure proxy votes for those who won't attend the next meeting.’
- ‘Socially screened funds tend to take activist roles in proxy votes, using their shares to influence company policy.’
- ‘His postal vote forms arrived OK at our address but nothing came for my proxy vote.’
- ‘He alleged the company obtained proxy votes by deception.’
- ‘For example, Fidelity Magellan participated in 2,266 proxy votes last year.’
- ‘Toss in the fact that two people present held 50 and 53 proxy votes respectively and eyebrows should be going up.’
- ‘Coyle insists he is already winning the battle for proxy votes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.