One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A competitive struggle between two corporate factions for the proxy votes from shareholders needed to control a corporation.‘only a rival stockholder willing to engage in a proxy fight could unseat him’
- ‘Icahn controlled almost 8 percent of the company's stock and was threatening a proxy fight to gain board seats.’
- ‘The ads are a prelude to what's sure to be one of Asia's most contentious proxy fights.’
- ‘Shareholder proxy fights are also gaining energy from this season of scandals.’
- ‘In extreme cases shareholders can band together and try to oust current management in a proxy fight.’
- ‘Microsoft Corp. will approve a proxy fight in its bid to buy Yahoo Inc. this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.