One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Italian soft smoked cheese made from cow's milk and having a mellow flavour.
- ‘This means that customers know what they're buying, and come back for more of their gorgonzola, provolone, smoked mozzarella, fat-free roccata, low-fat Parmesan and many others.’
- ‘Sums and foreign languages have never really been Elsie's thing, but even I know that a quattro formaggi pizza should have four cheeses and that mozzarella, cheddar, mascarpone, Parmesan and provolone are all cheeses and add up to five.’
- ‘Make a mixture of softened cream cheese, mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, minced garlic and bit of fresh basil.’
- ‘A simple Margherita uses cooked pizza sauce with provolone, basil and garlic; it's very good, but I couldn't help thinking it would have been better with the marinated tomato cubes.’
- ‘The production of ricotta is an economical way of using the whey left over after the production of cheeses such as provolone.’
Italian, from provola ‘buffalo's milk cheese’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.