One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Subject to further confirmation; for the time being.‘the film, provisionally entitled Skin, is due to be released next year’
- ‘At the time of going to press the game has been provisionally fixed for Sunday evening next in Sarsfields at 6 pm.’
- ‘We have provisionally arranged to go for a drink.’
- ‘The licence was provisionally granted on the condition that fire precautions were met and added washbasins installed.’
- ‘George Drever, of Kirkwall, was provisionally granted an entertainment licence for the proposed ten-pin bowling centre.’
- ‘And the date of August 30 has been provisionally marked for that event, pending approval.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.