One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Endogenous retroviruses are the proviral form of exogenous retroviruses that have become integrated into the germ line of the host.’
- ‘Identification of clonal proviral insertions by oncogenic retroviruses has led to the isolation of novel tumor-associated genes.’
- ‘To identify expressed sequences, 16 kb of genomic DNA flanking the proviral integration site was sequenced and compared to genetic databases.’
- ‘It is generally admitted that these Human Endogenous RetroViruses derive originally from rare events of germ-line infections by exogenous retroviruses leading to proviral DNA integration.’
- ‘Emery et al 40 found that, at autopsy, the presence of HHV - 6 DNA was associated with significant increases in HIV - 1 proviral DNA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.