One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for friendly society
- ‘We have registered as an Industrial and Provident Society, a type of community co-operative, and in order to fund the establishment of the shop, we are offering shares to local residents, as well as applying to grant-making bodies.’
- ‘More than 180 residents bought a £10 share in an ‘Industrial and Provident Society’.’
- ‘Malmesbury Town Hall Action Group, which has come up with a new plan for the redevelopment of the building, voted last week to form a Industrial and Provident Society.’
- ‘Last month TAG resolved to form an Industrial and Provident Society to raise money toward the cost of building the new town hall.’
- ‘TAG has also formed itself as an Industrial and Provident Society allowing the community to make donations towards the scheme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.