One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘According to Drudge, the article exposes several demonstrably provable factual inaccuracies in Brock's book.’
- ‘They would not stand scrutiny because they are based neither on provable fact nor serious evidence.’
- ‘If you have a provable scientific claim, especially one where you cite significant observable effects, there is no need to promote it through the medium of bombast and obfuscation.’
- ‘Evolution is not totally proven (or provable for that matter).’
- ‘For example, we might say that we have a theory about why a person committed a crime. The meaning of the word in this context is that the theory is an idea or set of ideas which are not proven or even provable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.