Sticking out; projecting.‘a stocky guy with a furrowed brow and a protruding bottom lip’
- ‘The protruding end of the ovipositor was grasped with fine tweezers and the whole reproductive tract pulled out.’
- ‘A simple bird bath, preferably one that sits directly on the ground and which has a protruding rock in it on which birds can sit, will do the trick.’
- ‘The periodical cicada has protruding red eyes and orange legs; adults have clear wings with orange veins.’
- ‘They have large, forward-set, movable eyes and an upward slanting mouth with a long protruding lower jaw that can be thrust out.’
- ‘The median bar is eccentrically positioned in the shell; thus the lengths of the protruding rays differ within a specimen.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.