One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for protrusible
- ‘Ponyfish have a very protractile mouth, a phenomenon which can be demonstrated by squeezing the head, when the mouth will shoot forward.’
- ‘Trap termites using their long protractile tongues, which are covered with a thick, sticky saliva.’
- ‘In blennies the palatines are toothless, and the mouth not protractile.’
- ‘Wrasses characteristically have a protractile mouth, cycloid scales, and a single continuous dorsal fin lacking an obvious notch between the soft and spiny portions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.