One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Transfer a proton to (a molecule, group, or atom) which forms a coordinate bond to the proton.‘the acid environment favours conversion of these anions to their protonated uncharged form’
- ‘All aspartic acid and glutamic acid residues as well as C-terminal groups were deprotonated; arginine, lysine, and N-terminal groups were protonated.’
- ‘Once all contacts are established and the ligand is protonated, the interaction is quite strong and the dissociation reaction is much slower than with similar amidine compounds.’
- ‘In the second basic photocycle step, the chromophore is protonated and structural changes take place in the protein.’
- ‘Ionizable groups were protonated to represent pH = 7.0.’
- ‘We postulate that this pathway is blocked when both groups are protonated (state A) or deprotonated (state C).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.