One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Transfer a proton to (a molecule, group, or atom) which forms a coordinate bond to the proton.‘the acid environment favours conversion of these anions to their protonated uncharged form’
- ‘Ionizable groups were protonated to represent pH = 7.0.’
- ‘Once all contacts are established and the ligand is protonated, the interaction is quite strong and the dissociation reaction is much slower than with similar amidine compounds.’
- ‘We postulate that this pathway is blocked when both groups are protonated (state A) or deprotonated (state C).’
- ‘In the second basic photocycle step, the chromophore is protonated and structural changes take place in the protein.’
- ‘All aspartic acid and glutamic acid residues as well as C-terminal groups were deprotonated; arginine, lysine, and N-terminal groups were protonated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.