One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who publicly demonstrates opposition to something; a demonstrator.‘the decision was hailed by protesters against the closure as a triumph’
objector, opposer, opponent, complainer, dissenter, dissident, rejectionist, nonconformistdemonstrator, protest marcher, human chainView synonyms
- ‘The protesters say the land has been a play area for generations of children and there is nowhere else for them to go.’
- ‘These have recently been installed and protesters claim they have been badly positioned.’
- ‘At one point a nearby neighbour harangued the protesters cursing at them and demanding they move.’
- ‘Youngsters in care made a direct plea to protesters opposing a new children's home.’
- ‘The country came to the brink of disaster before the protesters backed down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.