One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The presence of abnormal quantities of protein in the urine, which may indicate damage to the kidneys.
- ‘Chest radiography was normal and analysis of her urine showed no haematuria or proteinuria.’
- ‘Diabetic patients with proteinuria or abnormal creatinine clearance have a greater risk of developing acute renal failure.’
- ‘The patient described in this case study presented with hematuria, proteinuria, and elevated blood pressure.’
- ‘Protein in the urine, proteinuria, is generally confirmed using a precipitation test.’
- ‘In addition to proteinuria, markers of damage to the kidneys include abnormalities in the urinary sediment and abnormal findings on imaging studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.