One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The manipulation of the structures of proteins so as to produce desired properties, or the synthesis of proteins with particular structures.
- ‘Furthermore, the crystal structure of Rubisco from several species and the extensive homology of amino acid sequences has allowed the advance of genetic manipulation, protein engineering and transformation experiments.’
- ‘As such, tropoelastin and its synthetic analogs have been a subject of intense investigation in the field of biopolymers and protein engineering.’
- ‘Therefore, for many applications, an antibody of interest may require further ad hoc optimization by protein engineering to make it more stable.’
- ‘Protein stability plays an extremely important role not only in its biological function but also in medical science and protein engineering.’
- ‘In addition to contributing to the understanding of pigment binding, the molecular insight gained in this work will have a direct impact on protein engineering of all pigment-binding proteins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.