Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The manipulation of the structures of proteins so as to produce desired properties, or the synthesis of proteins with particular structures.
- ‘Therefore, for many applications, an antibody of interest may require further ad hoc optimization by protein engineering to make it more stable.’
- ‘As such, tropoelastin and its synthetic analogs have been a subject of intense investigation in the field of biopolymers and protein engineering.’
- ‘Protein stability plays an extremely important role not only in its biological function but also in medical science and protein engineering.’
- ‘Furthermore, the crystal structure of Rubisco from several species and the extensive homology of amino acid sequences has allowed the advance of genetic manipulation, protein engineering and transformation experiments.’
- ‘In addition to contributing to the understanding of pigment binding, the molecular insight gained in this work will have a direct impact on protein engineering of all pigment-binding proteins.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.