One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complex of proteinases involved in breaking down selected intracellular proteins.
- ‘This suggests that independent protein degradation pathways for ubiquitin, as well as for the proteasome complex, may exist in strawberry fruit.’
- ‘The scientists will now focus on better understanding the precise mechanism by which ubiquitin and the proteasome regulate viral budding and maturation.’
- ‘In the context of the cell, the unfolding process participates in several important steps in cellular physiology, such as protein turnover in proteasomes.’
- ‘Among the archaebacterial-specific genes several ribosomal proteins, DNA metabolic enzymes, and proteasome subunits are prominent.’
- ‘The proteasome and other endoproteolytic enzymes are located in the cytosol and may also be involved in the catabolism of larger fragments.’
1980s: from protein + -some.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.