One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting behaviour which is positive, helpful, and intended to promote social acceptance and friendship.
- ‘Effective group learning, however, promotes prosocial behavior and positive group functioning.’
- ‘Primary prevention of bullying involves elimination of risk factors and teaching children skills in order to promote more prosocial, interpersonal interactions.’
- ‘The study also shows that environmental factors such as warm and supportive parenting may play a role in promoting children's prosocial development.’
- ‘In addition, the physical setting can promote social interaction and prosocial behavior.’
- ‘They rely on social interactions to promote prosocial attitudes and values in their clients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.