Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting behaviour which is positive, helpful, and intended to promote social acceptance and friendship.
- ‘In addition, the physical setting can promote social interaction and prosocial behavior.’
- ‘The study also shows that environmental factors such as warm and supportive parenting may play a role in promoting children's prosocial development.’
- ‘Effective group learning, however, promotes prosocial behavior and positive group functioning.’
- ‘Primary prevention of bullying involves elimination of risk factors and teaching children skills in order to promote more prosocial, interpersonal interactions.’
- ‘They rely on social interactions to promote prosocial attitudes and values in their clients.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.