One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elongated partly bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the late Triassic and early Jurassic periods, related to the ancestors of sauropods.
- ‘However, they conclude that this is incorrect and that the prosauropods and sauropods diverged early from a common ancestor.’
- ‘The closest relatives of the sauropods, a group of primitive dinosaurs known as prosauropods, extends back to the Late Triassic (about 220 million years ago) implying that the sauropods may also have had a history extending back as far.’
- ‘Thus endothermy is very unlikely to have evolved in lineages in which the most recent species are predominantly large, such as prosauropods, sauropods, stegosaurs, nodosaurs, ankylosaurs, and ceratopsids.’
- ‘Quite possibly, this simple anatomical change was ultimately responsible for the worldwide relative decline of the sauropods and the extinction of the prosauropods by the Late Jurassic.’
- ‘Early relatives of the sauropods, the Late Triassic plateosaurs or prosauropods, may have occasionally stood on their hind legs.’
1950s: from pro- ‘before in time’ + sauropod.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.