One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A liquid alcohol which is used as a solvent, in antifreeze, and in the food, plastics, and perfume industries.
- ‘One solution has been the development of antifreezes that replace ethylene glycol with propylene glycol, a liquid that's nontoxic enough to be used as a sweetener in children's cough syrup.’
- ‘The non-aqueous solvent is typically a polyhydric alcohol such as propylene glycol.’
- ‘Instead, purchase animal-friendly antifreeze, which contains propylene glycol rather than ethylene glycol, the center says.’
- ‘The material safety data sheet warns the user to avoid skin contact and advises any person handling propylene glycol to wear a respirator, chemical safety goggles, rubber boots and heavy rubber gloves.’
- ‘Two of the coolants extensively used are ethylene glycol and propylene glycol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.