A salt or ester of propionic acid.
- ‘Calcium propionate is added to foods to inhibit mold growth.’
- ‘Fluticasone propionate treatment over a 54-week period was well tolerated, with few drug-related adverse events, which were primarily topical effects of inhaled corticosteroids.’
- ‘This finding can be rationalized by considering the actual charge of the heme core excluding the propionates.’
- ‘Anaerobic fermentation of the soluble non-starch polysaccharides from psyllium seed results in the production of the short-chain fatty acids acetate, propionate, and butyrate in the intestines.’
- ‘In contrast, such carbon sources as malate, propionate, and citrate did not activate germination.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.