One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of propionic acid.
- ‘Fluticasone propionate treatment over a 54-week period was well tolerated, with few drug-related adverse events, which were primarily topical effects of inhaled corticosteroids.’
- ‘Anaerobic fermentation of the soluble non-starch polysaccharides from psyllium seed results in the production of the short-chain fatty acids acetate, propionate, and butyrate in the intestines.’
- ‘In contrast, such carbon sources as malate, propionate, and citrate did not activate germination.’
- ‘Calcium propionate is added to foods to inhibit mold growth.’
- ‘This finding can be rationalized by considering the actual charge of the heme core excluding the propionates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.