One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Low dose aspirin given prophylactically will reduce the chance of developing pre-eclampsia by 15%, with a similar reduction in fetal death.’
- ‘You see, I am one of those people who live prophylactically and sanely and sensibly.’
- ‘Drugs like verapamil, divalproex, topiramate, lithium carbonate, methysergide and prednisone are used prophylactically in prevention.’
- ‘It can be used as needed or prophylactically during times of increased stress that may provoke symptoms.’
- ‘Following recovery from an acute episode they were treated prophylactically with lithium carbonate and followed for a period of two years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.