One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It can be used as needed or prophylactically during times of increased stress that may provoke symptoms.’
- ‘Following recovery from an acute episode they were treated prophylactically with lithium carbonate and followed for a period of two years.’
- ‘Low dose aspirin given prophylactically will reduce the chance of developing pre-eclampsia by 15%, with a similar reduction in fetal death.’
- ‘You see, I am one of those people who live prophylactically and sanely and sensibly.’
- ‘Drugs like verapamil, divalproex, topiramate, lithium carbonate, methysergide and prednisone are used prophylactically in prevention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.