One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tax levied directly on property.
- ‘Roman citizens paid little tax, but provincials paid a property tax and a poll tax amounting to 10 or 15 percent of income.’
- ‘Currently, the land portions of the property tax are levied in the spring of each year and the building portions in the autumn.’
- ‘Well, states get their budgets from three sources: income tax, property tax, and sales tax.’
- ‘There is no other nation in the world that has this form of taxation on a property tax levied by a local government - a point I have already made.’
- ‘But if the search for revenue is so desperate, why not have local income tax on top of a property tax?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.