Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A page of proofed text; a proof.
- ‘It seems incredible that these important pages were added between typescript and proof sheets.’
- ‘This chapter covers the printing of items like proof sheets and albums as well as the application of border effects and treatments.’
- ‘If not, you can print out a proof sheet with thumbnail images and corresponding numbers.’
- ‘I bet that was a great surprise when they finally saw the proof sheets.’
- ‘Although suffering very severe pain, he spent the last days of his life dictating corrections to the proof sheets of the Dissertation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.