One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact or state of being promiscuous.‘some fear this will lead to greater sexual promiscuity amongst teens’
licentiousness, lack of sexual discrimination, promiscuousness, immorality, wantonness, debauchery, dissoluteness, dissipation, libertinism, profligacy, incontinenceView synonyms
- ‘They don't even complain about the lewdness and promiscuity being displayed on the so-called soap operas.’
- ‘On the surface, it is a celebration of promiscuity and debauchery.’
- ‘The red flags that experts say people should watch for manifest themselves in ways other than sexual promiscuity.’
- ‘They should be concerned that the tapestry of family life here is unraveling whilst promiscuity has become an accepted practice.’
- ‘He's just starting his adulthood in a culture predominated by permissiveness and promiscuity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.